We’ve seen before the caiguas in the caiguas rellenas (stuffed caiguas) recipe, and we’ve also seen the ajiaco de papas (potato ajiaco) recipe some weeks ago. This is another type of ajiaco, all equally delicious. The recipe is not complicated and you’ll be delighted with its taste. Here you’ll read how to make happy 6 people.
- 6 caiguas, cooked and cut in strips
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Mirasol chili/peper in paste
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 beef stock cube
- Cloves of garlics, to one’s taste
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 150 g (5.5 oz) of fresh cheese, ground
- 500 g (1 lb) of cooked and pressed potatoes
- Cilantro, chopped, to decorate
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, to decorate
Heat the oil in a pot and sauté the onion. Add the garlics, salt, pepper, cumin and Mirasol. When it’s ready, add the water, stock cube, milk, cheese and the caiguas. Mix and cook for some minutes. Add the potatoes.
Serve with rice and sprinkle the cilantro. Decorate with the hard-boiled eggs.